Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School


School at the Academy starts Tuesday and all the lesson plans are finished (well for the first 2 weeks). The college freshman arrive on campus this coming Friday for orientation, so things will really be hopping this week. I am so excited to meet all the students at the Academy as well as the College.

This is going to be a year that God gets all the glory because I know I am not qualified to teach in a middle school classroom or a college classroom. If the students actually learn something, it will be because of the grace of God. I am confident in my ability to relate to students and build relationships but actually teaching the material will stretch me greatly.

I am going to be taking over the student sponsorship program for the Malawi campus and am excited about helping students be able to afford tuition. This program works much like Compassion or World Vision and takes a lot of work of getting student information and pictures. I will write more about this program in the future as things really get rolling but it is something you can start praying about whether you can help a Malawian student attend college.

We are so blessed to have people supporting us while we are serving at ABC and can tell that people are constantly praying for us. We want to thank you for following what God is doing in our lives and for praying continually for us. As always please email or Facebook us if you have questions about what is happening. Sometimes things may get crazy and we may go a while without posting but please just ask and we will respond. We love you more than you know!

Because of Jesus,
Jeff

No comments: