Things have been going well lately. I have started playing some with the men’s volleyball team and really enjoy being around the guys and playing. They are doing quite well and we actually played the Malawi National Team a few weeks ago. It was a great experience since I have never played a national team in any sport. We lost but the first 2 games we kept it close.
Spiritual Formation class is going great as well! Many of the students are telling me they are growing spiritually and learning some new things. The ones that I have talked to seem to be very encouraged in their spiritual lives because of the class so that is super encouraging and exciting for me!
My Academy classes are also going well. We have 11 weeks left of class now (with a 2 week Easter Break in April). It is still exciting being able to share Christ whenever I want with the students. We are studying Ancient Egypt in 6th grade and we did a contrast paper for Egyptian religion and Christianity. One of the books says that the 3 major monotheistic religions worship the same God so we spent ample time talking about how our God is different from all others (mainly Jesus Christ)!
For the next few weeks things are pretty normal around here as far as I can tell but we are looking forward to the summer when Carson’s mom, my dad and a group from Faith Baptist come to visit!
A few things to pray for are teachers for the Academy for next year (if you are interested in teaching in Malawi let me know), Spiritual Emphasis week at the College to go well, College midterms starting March 21, and continued good health for Carson and I.
Thank you for praying for us and loving us!
Because of Jesus,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment