Things have been EXTREMELY busy lately. Once we came off Easter Break things have not slowed down. Carson’s mom arrived May 6 around noon and that night we had the Junior/Senior Banquet for the College students. The Juniors did an amazing job putting on the banquet for the Seniors. The next morning we had Super Saturday. This is a day of competition among the four classes and in theory, the staff has a team. I ran the 100 meter dash (forward and backward). Yes I can hear all of you laughing about how slow I am. I did win the longest goal kick which did not require running. I participated in the high jump since I had so much experience from my junior high days.
It was a great day that ended with a braii (African cookout) and the eating of smores around bonfires! The Seniors won the whole competition.
We are now looking forward to the Senior Trip to Lake Malawi this coming Friday-Sunday, May 20-22. It will basically be like going to summer camp for a few days. The Seniors are super excited as well as Carson and me.
Here is a link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NHikBwCpKs&feature=channel_video_title) to about 3 minutes of video (it is raw footage) for the Good News Club outreach I do with the College students on Thursdays. This coming Thursday is the last day for outreach for this school year.
As I posted earlier, I will be taking over College athletics in July. If you want to be a part of that please email or Facebook me. There are some things happening in Wichita Falls of collecting sports equipment and stuff to send us. We will focus on a few things this coming year including reaching out with the gospel of Christ through sports!
Thank you for praying for us and loving us! Specific prayer requests are a good end to this school year (3 weeks of College and 5 weeks of Academy) and preparations for summer teams coming to go smoothly.
Because of Jesus,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment