Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

School Starts Soon!


Students return to campus on August 22 and classes start on August 24. Over the next week I will be preparing my Philosophy of Education course as well as an outline for PE courses. I could use much prayer as I prepare these courses. Along with preparing courses, I will be working on getting the sports facilities fixed for the upcoming semester (repairing backboards, fixing the gym floor, doing inventory of equipment). One of the things I am most excited about though is working with Cosmas Phiri, a 2011 ABC graduate and sports intern for this school year, to revive sports outreach through ABC. We are working with government high schools to come in once a week to train the sports teams and share the gospel with the athletes. The headmasters (principals) have been very receptive so far which we praise God for! Can you imagine in the States going to a public high school and saying you want to partner in sports (which would be okay) and then tell them you want to share the gospel of Jesus Christ also? I was ready for the headmasters to decline when we talked about sharing our faith but that seemed to make it an even better reason for them to partner! Praise God!
New ABC Athletics logo on jerseys. Thanks Josh Deerinwater!

Miss Limbe is an ABC graduate and Grambling State graduate (Masters and PhD). She is an Education professor. She also lived in the Great State of Texas for 3 years.

Chisomo Idea - One of the sports ministries we will partner with. They have a girls soccer team that is developing!
Please pray for this upcoming semester and year that God would work in the students’ lives and spur them on to glorify His name! Pray that sports would be more than a game but would be used to evangelize and disciple! Pray for the staff as we seek to be Godly examples and teach truth!

Thank you for your continued support as we move into our second year in Malawi! We love you all with the love of Christ!

Because of Jesus,
Jeff

1 comment:

Marke Ginnings said...

We pray for you often and so admire the work you do for our Lord. Thanks for the update.