Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Cape Town, RSA Apr 5-13 2012

The view from the place we stayed

Picture of N. Mandela at Robben Island

"The" Cell


View from Table Mountain

View from Table Mountain

You could walk up Table Mountain if you wanted...we decided otherwise.

Christy and I at Cape of Good Hope

It was a little bright at the Cape of Good Hope 

I think ostriches walk like ballerinas, what do you think?

View from Cape Point





One of the political prisoners giving us a tour of Robben Island
Driving to Cape Point



the drive to Cape Point. It reminds me of Europe a bit...

Ok, I got a bit obsessed with ostriches....


This guy was at Cape Point...he looks like he's from Texas!


Cape Point


At the South Western most point of Africa

Cape Point 


Saw so many penguins at Boulder Beach

The Drive to Cape Point

BEAUTIFUL Christy!





Stellenbosch, but a view of Table Mountain.
Christy has a good friend that has a place in Cape Town, RSA so we were able to find a great deal on airline tickets and go for a week. Jeff and Hollis stayed at home in Malawi. The trip was incredible and a memory I will always have. Christy and I had fun seeing all the sights and even saw a movie, Safe House, which is filmed in Cape Town, so it was neat seeing all the places we had seen that day in the movie!

Christy taught me how to use my camera a lot on this trip. Some of these pictures were taken by Christy and a few by me.

No comments: