Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Long Overdue!


I am back to blogging. Sorry it has been such a long time since I have posted and kept you updated on our ministry and life in Malawi. We pray that you had a great Christmas and a wonderful start to the New Year. The Christmas break was very relaxing and a much needed break for us. We were able to take a short vacation to Cape Town, South Africa, and see some of the most beautiful places on earth. It was absolutely stunning to drive down to the Cape of Good Hope and see the incredible things that God has created.

The Academy has started back and we finished finals for the first semester January 20-21. I feel much more comfortable planning and teaching this semester. The College starts classes on Wednesday, January 26 and I will be teaching a spiritual formation class which will focus on learning and applying the spiritual disciplines. I am using Donald Whitney’s book, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, as the textbook and drawing from many other sources for the class as well. If you do not know much about spiritual disciplines, I would suggest this book for you.

We received some friends, Scott, Beverly, and Raquel Long, on Sunday, January 16. They are staying until February 10. We are excited to have people come serve alongside us and encourage us in our ministry. They have already been a huge blessing to us and many other staff and students on the campus. They are taking tons of pictures so make sure you check out their blog for updates and pictures (http://www.blongphotography.com/). We have a lot of stuff planned for their visit and pray that God would bless their time here. They also brought a lot of stuff from the States for us (thanks to everyone who gave stuff) which is nice on those hard days. Among the things are Starbucks coffee, Hot Tamales, Reese’s Pieces, tons of DVDs, shampoo, conditioner, travel coffee cups, a few college football game recordings and many other things. Thank you, thank you, thank you if you sent stuff! The Hiroto’s also brought us things back as they went to the States for Christmas and a wedding. We are so blessed to have people who are involved in ministry with us!

I plan on updating more often now that school is back in session and there is a routine. If you are interested in coming to visit and minister with us, please let me know. We want people to come and visit and see what is happening through ABC and in Malawi. You are always welcome! Thanks for the love, prayers, support and encouragement! We love you!

Because of Jesus,
Jeff

No comments: