Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012


Rainy season has enveloped us in Malawi. Rainy season means humidity, which in turn means bad hair season for me. Also, this rainy makes me want to fall asleep all the time. Texas isn’t exactly known for it’s “rainy” season, or seasons to be exact so anytime it’s raining I feel like I have narcolepsy.
Upon our return from the States every aspect of the land is green. The grass is so tall I’m scared to walk through it in case an njoka (snake) may be hiding. Njoka is one of my favorite Chichewa words because it’s no “joke” if a snake is around. Ok, that was a corny joke I know. Besides getting back into the routine of things we have been very pleased to report that Pablo is now pulling up on his own! Before we left for the States he was army crawling and refusing to stand. Now he is pulling up on everything and screams when you try to sit him down. He is also eating very well and gaining weight very fast. We’re hoping he will start walking with a few months or so. His favorite activity is playing with his soccer ball from Agogo Charlotte or his plush balls he received for Christmas from the McDonalds. I think he would play for hours uninterrupted if we allowed him. Not to brag or anything, but he has quite an arm. I know I know, everyone thinks their kid is special and is different from the next, but really, honestly, seriously, the kid has got an arm. Jeff is already signing him up for the QB position at OU. Alright, reality check our kid probably will never be a profession athlete, but we can dream right? 
worn OUT!




He loves to play with the soccer ball

In the center of the kids at Chinsapo

No comments: